KFNB Reader Mobile
- takes a photo of the printed text and the optical character recognition software in conjunction with high quality text-to-speech will read the contents of the document aloud. At the same time, it can display the print on the phone’s built-in screen and highlight each word as it is spoken.
- is a free satellite navigation app for blind mobile phone users.
Mobile DAISY Player
- is an electronic book reader for Symbian phones. It allows both sighted and vision-impaired mobile users to take books in Digital Accessible Information System (DAISY) format with them wherever they go.
- is a screen magnification app that enlarges and improves the readability of the screen contents.
- allows the information displayed on the screen to either be outputted as speech using Text-to-Speech (TTS) technology or to be outputted to Braille device.
(standard and premium edition) - converts displayed text into speech including reading the caller ID, incoming text messages,
- magnifies the content on the mobile device as well as allowing the display to be converted into black and white, grayscale or color inverted.
Speereo Voice Reader
- utilizes Text-To-Speech (TTS) technology to read a list of messages, selected text, headers, etc.
- is an app which allows you to determine the colour of an object by taking a picture of it.
Resources for Symbian Smartphones
My-Symbian.com provides a central place to find out information on Symbian smartphones.
App Store: Nokia OVI, Samsung App Store